Full-Service Design-Build Contractor
Commercial, Industrial & Municipal HVAC Services in Bellingham, Mount Vernon & Everett, WA
Barron Heating provides commercial, industrial, and municipal clients with cost-effective commercial HVAC/R designs, indoor air quality solutions, and energy systems. We’ve gained a reputation as the premier service provider in our industry and have developed a solid reputation for delivering innovative solutions.
Barron has been installing commercial HVAC/R systems for over 45 years. We offer a broad range of commercial services that are designed to help you reduce energy usage in your business while keeping your customers and employees comfortable.
From mechanical design-build projects and custom sheet metal fabrication to LEED certification, building energy modeling, HVAC installation, repair, maintenance, and much more. We have licensed engineers and certified specialists on our team that will work with you to find the optimal solution to any of the needs that you might have.
Whether you’re looking to reduce the amount of energy you use in your current business or if you’re in the process of building a new structure, Barron Heating can help. Here at Barron, we are dedicated to our customers’ complete satisfaction–we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
We specialize in using proven and innovative technologies to design and install comfortable, efficient, and functional spaces for our commercial customers in Northwest Washington.
Barron Heating Provides Solutions to your Project!
Commercial Services include:
- Licensed HVAC/R Design & Permitting
- HVAC/R Engineering & Energy Modeling
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Installation & Commissioning
- LEED Certification & Net-Zero Solutions
- Maintenance Programs
- Diagnostic Repair
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Aeroseal: Duct Sealing
- Sylvia Center iDiom Theatre - Bellingham, WA
- Smith Indoor Pool/Spa - Everett, WA
- Nanak Foods - Bellingham, WA
Statement of Benefits
- Recycle 56% of waste heat previously exhausted
- Reduce energy bill
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Increase Indoor Air Quality
- Barron donation of $6,000
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ): Too many people in a room make it “stuffy”
- When CO2 levels rise in a crowded space, people get sleepy
- To prevent this, Barron installed a CO2 sensor to monitor and control the IAQ
- Energy Efficient Design: Bringing in cold, fresh air is expensive
- To offset this, Barron installed a Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV). This technology recaptures exhaust heat to heat fresh air.
- Demand Control Ventilation (DCV) only brings in enough air to keep the space “fresh”
Scope of Work
- A commercial Mitsubishi Heat Recovery Ventilator bringing in up to 1,200 cubic feet of fresh air every minute
- CO2 monitoring and control
- Fire dampers to slow the spread of fire
- Architectural louvers for exhaust and fresh air intake
- Painted ductwork to match building exterior
Barron Commercial Department was subcontracted for Lacasse Construction for a unique project, an indoor endless pool set to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. From our pool design experience, a typical pool is 80-82 degrees and a typical hot tub is 100-102.
According to the vapor pressure diagram, to prevent mold and control humidity, the air above the pool needs to be 2 degrees higher than the water; the alternative is to quickly exhaust and replace the air. For example, heating a room to 104 degrees is more expensive than placing the hot tub outdoors.
For this project, getting the moisture out of the space would require exhausting 92-degree air and heating make-up air to 92 degrees. In the winter, this would mean heating arctic air to tropical temperatures.
We here at Barron Commercial Dept. designed two separate systems to keep the space comfortable, operation affordable and reduce the chance of mold.
- A Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) to control the humidity AND capture waste heat that would be exhausted to the outside. This keeps the space fresh, dry and heated to a comfortable 74 degrees.
- An electric furnace that is interlocked with the pool cover that only turns on when the pool cover is removed. This piece of equipment is set to a hot 92 degrees and shuts off when the pool closes to save energy.
Barron Commercial Department was contracted by Punjab Milk Foods Inc. for a new cheese processing factory called “Nanak Foods”. This design-build project located at Bellingham Cold Storage.
Clean air was a primary concern. In a food production facility, there can be zero bugs. Using specialty screens and multi-step filters, the Barron Commercial Department can guarantee there will be no insects getting into the space via ducting. A maintenance contract is in place to keep filters clean and the system operating at peak performance.
The design process started with exhausting moist air from the pasteurization rooms. Several industrial makeup air units and exhaust fans were specified to accomplish this task. A structural retrofit was required to support this new heavy equipment.
The Barron Commercial Department completely managed all necessary mechanical and structural permits required by the City of Bellingham. This included preparing AutoCAD drawings, HVAC calculations and stamped professional engineer drawings.
Commercial Work Photo Gallery:
Our mission: Improving Lives™
Barron Heating & Air Conditioning is a client-first, relational company that exists to improve people’s lives by providing healthy, safe and efficient comfort solutions and energy systems.
Give us a call to get a free estimate today!