Water Heater Services in Bellingham, WA
Mount Vernon, Marysville, WA and the Surrounding Areas
Your water heater is one of those home comfort appliances you probably don’t think much about—until something goes wrong. Fortunately, from water heater changeouts to water heater repair, Barron Plumbing is your go-to team of professionals. We offer:
- 24-hour service you can count on
- A beyond-the-box approach, focusing on home performance from the inside out
- Confidence that your safety and well-being is our top priority
Contact us today for quality water heater services. We’re your full-service HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing Contractor, serving Whatcom, Skagit, Island, Snohomish & San Juan Counties since 1972. Our Mission: Improving Lives™.
NOTE: Outside of Whatcom & Skagit County plumbing service and installation offerings vary by location. Call or visit service area pages more details.
How Can We Help?
Hot Water Heater Installation
Barron Plumbing is the market leader in hydronic heating and cooling solutions. This means we’re the best team to turn to for your next water heater purchase and installation, in Bellingham, WA or the surrounding communities we serve.
- Tank Water Heaters: This is the most common water heater seen in homes today. Whether you choose a gas tank water heater or electric tank water heater, you’ll be in good hands.
- Tankless Water Heater Installation: Also known as on-demand water heaters, tankless systems heat water directly without the use of a storage tank. Using either a gas burner or an electric element to heat the water, tankless systems provide a constant supply of hot water. Separate tankless systems can be installed for various appliances, including remote bathrooms or hot tubs, and boosters can be used for dishwashers and clothes washers.
- Heat Pump Water Heaters: Upgrading to a heat pump water heater will help you save money, rest easy, and stay warm.
- Recirculating System: A recirculation system will rapidly move hot water from a water heater to your fixtures so you don’t have to wait for the water to get hot.
Your water heater is the second biggest energy user in your home, according to the US Department of Energy. Whether you decide to go with a traditional tank water heater installation or with a tankless or heat pump water heater, our licensed Barron Plumbers are here to help. Our team will help you select the right water heater for your space to give you plenty of hot water while reducing energy costs.
Hot Water Heater Replacement
The typical lifespan for a residential water heater is 8-12 years. And once it’s failed, it can start leaking and will stop producing hot water. If that happens, you’ll have quite a few factors to consider for your hot water heater replacement. This includes the type of water heater you want next, its capacity, efficiency, and cost.
- Capacity: There’s no need to buy a water heater larger than you need. Peak hour demand, also known as qualifying first time (FHR), is a measure of how much hot water the heater will deliver in an hour and is required by law to appear on the Energy Guide label. Buying too large of a water heater will only waste energy.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of a water heater is indicated by its Energy Factor, or EF. The higher the EF, the more efficient the system. Gas water heaters typically measure between 0.50 and 0.60, with some high efficiency water heaters measuring around 0.80. Another feature contributing to tank water heater efficiency is it should have at least 1.5 inches of foam insulation.
- Cost: While it may be tempting to go with the cheapest option, the least expensive water heater will often be the most expensive to operate from month to month. While high efficiency systems cost more initially, the reduced operating costs will make up for the initial investment. We’ll help you check the Energy Guide label to choose an energy-efficient yet cost-effective water heater that’s fit for your needs.
Hot Water Heater Repair
The best way to fend off sudden and costly hot water heater repairs is with routine water heater maintenance. Ask about our Silver Shield and Gold Shield Preferred Memberships! These programs are designed to provide members with annual preventive maintenance for their entire plumbing system and/or electrical and HVAC systems.
Members receive a host of benefits, such as special discounts, priority service, and a drain and flush inspection that ensures your entire plumbing system is in great working order—including your water heater. Contact Barron Plumbing today to learn more and to enroll!