Furnaces don’t last forever. Proper maintenance and care will extend a furnace’s life expectancy to (or sometimes slightly past) the usual limits, but all good things come to an end.
The question is: how do you know when your Ferndale, WA furnace nears its final days without waiting for a complete breakdown?
Let’s help you find out.
Symptoms of a Failing Furnace
These problems appear as your furnace loses its efficiency (usually due to old age/wear and tear).
- Heating Rooms Unevenly: Your living room is nice and toasty, but your guest bedroom is frigid. You can feel air coming from the vents, it’s just not as warm as other rooms.
- Rising Energy Bills: If you’re fairly consistent with your heating preferences and don’t touch the thermostat often, but you notice your bill is rising, it could be your furnace losing efficiency.
- Frequent Repairs: Does it feel like the repair requests don’t end? Some components can’t be replaced, and a replacement is often the answer.
- Extremely Noisy: Combustion-based heating systems make noise. Heat expands and metal reacts, but excessive noise, a furnace getting louder, or new sounds you haven’t heard before all point to a problem.
- The age of your furnace: Is it 9 years or older?
The 50% Rule
Take a step back and look at your furnace repair receipts over the last 12 months. Are you paying for multiple repairs and numerous replacement parts?
There’s a general rule with furnaces: if repairs cost you 50% or more than the price of a new furnace, it’s time for a replacement.
If a single repair is estimated to cost that much, you’d be throwing money out the window. A replacement furnace comes with zero problems and will be more energy efficient than that old unit.
How to Schedule Furnace Replacement
If you’ve experienced any of the above, now is the time to schedule a replacement. Give us a call or send us a message and we’ll have one of our Home Performance Experts out to your home to go over all of your options. If you’re worried about the cost of a new furnace, we offer energy smart financing to help.
Our team of Home Performance Experts has served the I-5 corridor from Blaine to Marysville, Oak Harbor to Concrete, and the San Juan Islands since 1972 with a mission of Improving Lives™. We look forward to serving you too! Contact Barron Heating today for furnace replacement.